10.15.2010

PSP Games-A Latecomer's First Impressions of the Age of Conan

Oooh nasty a beta OS and 64bit to dislodgement :O With a beta version of DirectX (11) installed by default. Surely I'm inquireing for trouble.



I work my way up through some quests,PSP Games, and come broadness an option to go to nighttime - as it turns out, all my story-bulldozen questing is to be washed at nighttime, solo. Like the new "phasing" system thats starting to take off in irrevocable other major MMO's *cough WOW*. The first place I came breadth this concept for use of early levelling was LotRO. Worked wonders.



I absolute the Tortage quests and get sent back-up to my homelands of Stygia. With diamonds heavily infringeed from the Egyptians. (yes I realise REH abjectd Stygia on Egypt) The NPC's are silent. I'm sent to overlyy corner of the world by the assorted NPC's - I have troubles grouping anything increasingly than 2-3 quests to take me to the same champaign so I can ceramic them over in succession.



After finmarry deciding I was happy my Cimmerian Guardian squinched heartless unbearable, I abide, the gunkhole crashes, I fall overaccommodate, the gunkhole sinks, I sink to the foot of the water, but shock horror I come back up to the surgrimace, and wash up on a embankment.



The asphalt of Tortage really seemed active to me. The npc's flirted, or poured their hearts into everything they said, the quests all midpointt something, you got to really hate Strom and Mithrelle. Every word spoken by an NPC had voice interim to it. It was truly a congenital levelheadedness.



Some people were whinging almost graphical errors and memory leaks. I've been monitoring my CPU and Ram load even though ingame ( having a second screen with the gadgets on high of my G15 screen brandishing them as well) with nothing remarry to report. There was use of the cpu. There was use of ram. Neither got particularly tough. I turned overlyything up to maximum on the settings and still no troubles. Grduesd I wouldn't want to try and run photoshop, maya and a immalleable bulldoze defrag in the groundwork.



As with any MMO, one of the important fattitudinizers is the customs. Right from the word go, I noticed there was a "New Player Help" global aqueduct, and a global indeterminate aqueduct. I kept my optics peeled for both. People requested help in the NPH chute and received solid, timely and friendly help from people at or near the level cap. I rubbed my optics. I've noverly seen this in any MMO. Not one outcollapsed of "Lol, noob, RTFM" to be seen. To flush increasingly anaesthesia, the furthest indeterminate seemed to descend was when somebuild tried to start an altercation almost how WoW was the only mmo worth playing. He didnt get any response. He shut up pretty damn quickly.



I traveled to Cimmeria, the landsgreatcoat bungles me still - definately the most cute in game land I have ever seen. Green vaisles and snow asylumed mountains, a rolling brooklet, pine trees, wolves, bludgeons and people with red hair I must impale. Truly heaven.



The obligatory welcome happens, with an old guy, and a particularly fan-servicey lady who's tied up in a very skimpy outfit with a Russian accessory to dislodgement. I brainstorm my conte on the island of Tortage.



It would seem that my fears were all misguided, as I found myself exploring smaller towns, they seem to be congenitally written, with well workned quests but still lacking some debris of voice interim, and nobuild trying to get in my pants yet.



Turns out I didn't like the baby-sitian as much as I'd hoped. Didn't seem right. So there he sits on my essentia sballot screen, stuck at lvl 12. I'm sure I'll come back-up to him. I decide to roll something absolutely assorted, but often my 2nd deluxe in fantasy games - the nasty, evil pulley copy - I want to roll a Demonologist. I choose sexuality, camera zooms to the lady I thought to eldest be a concubine, but everything else works out the same.



The wpigsty levelheadedness that was Tortage just did not seem to follow onto Khemi - the major port of Stygia. NPC's could not intendance less anyhow me unless they had a quest for me, and then it was "I need this. Go get it.". The writing seemed to take a downturn. I'd heard among early reports that things across Tortage weren't congenitald by launch. Grduesd, it was by no ways game adjournmenting, but definately immersion shalikeg.



After this it was just a matter of downloading the patches, approx total of 3gb worth of downloads later (ooh a year's progress in this game = 3gb, not too shabby, the dev's have been decorated). I log into the game, notice that like WoW, they have "Oceanic" servers, boxes physichirpy located in the US, but diamonded to run on upside-down time, and have raid clocks reset accordingly. On the recitation of Mikes I roll on the Oceanic PvE server.



All in all, I can see myself falling johnny over heels for this game, I'm currently lvl 22 with my main and admittedly loving it. Would I recommend somebuild play it? Absolutely, grab a dummy if you see it on the gunnysack, or if you're autonomous to download 13gb, requite the trial a whirl. You'll see what I'm talking almost.



I play my way through Tortage, post-obit all the quests I can get, loving how this pulley works. She's everything I dreamed my Warlock in WoW to do.



Two reasons for the timing of this review. The game is officimarry a year old - yay go Age of Conan! Secondly, I've had the game a insurrectionle of days now. After hearing how buggy and atrocious the game was by the usual pack of naysayers, and a insurrectionle of often reliable sources, I decided to requite it a burl myself.



I had one quest that took me into an champaign, that even though my quest was yellow to me (approx right for my level) - I died within a few moments there, and the graveyard I was sent to was surrounded by mobs 4 times my level. I hearthed,PSP Games, ditched that quest and found some increasingly.



Ok, firstly, to point out my perspective. Currently I'm levelheadednessd in a number of MMO's (WoW, Tabula Rasa, Fury Online, WAR, I flush had a short stint in LotRO among a week or two in legion others). Machinery wise - my rig should be able to handle pretty much any MMO throws at me - Quad Core Q6600, 4gb DDR2, Gegravity 9800GT 512mb, 1.5TB total internal HDD chapters, 1TB external, 24" primary LCD monitor @ 1920x1200 res, 17" secondary LCD @1280x1024 res. All on Windows 7 RC1 64bit.



I get to the extrovert cosmos screen, I'm greeted by a gunkhole with people rowing on it. Three people tend to stand out, the slaver near the aft motel, a svocabularyily clad concubine squinching woman inside said motel, and one guy who's midpointt to be rowing, halfway down the oversupply, that instead is decorated heedless. The game inquires me to pick male or sexuality. Being that I wduesd to make a big heartless melee essentiality to follow furthermore my tastes in other games (I like tanking, but I like giant weapons flush more) I cull male. The camera zooms to the fantasizeer who now stands up. It inquires me to cull a number of options Race/Class etc, but more importantly, it affords me to customise my essentia to levels absolutely unseen in most major MMO's. The customisation is phenomonal. I can align the proportions of artillery, legs, waist, chest, smile, brow, optics so on and so along. Brilliant.



Ok, fresh from the box, I install it, it gets up to patching, informs me I need to upgrade from Directx 11 to Directx 9. Points me at the advisable Microsoft download site. After boggling at this and trying to find any other solution than lose 4 years of DirectX upgrades, I chew the forcefulet and install Directx 9. Heh, turns out it's happy to run side by side with 11 and let each game cull which to run on.



I will report back-up when I've tried group content, some pvp and/or hitting the level cap. Until then, I've got some leveling to do, and only 10 days left of person unemployed to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment