4.12.2009

Jilin Travel Pictures

Before coming to the academy I was greatly concerned for the future well-being of my teeth - having been told plenty of gruesome stories and having seen one too many toothless fighters. Fortunately there was nothing to worry about as Sanda was the only day-to-day contact discipline and even then no blows were made to the head and im happy to report that everyone at the academy had a full set of teeth. Ironically the only two injuries I got at the academy were from table-tennis (slipped and stabbed my shoulder on the corner of the table) and football (tackle took my ankle out) the latter occurred two days before traveling home and was of concern as I could barely walk and it swelled considerably leaving a impressive bruise behind even a week later. If anything the wound occurred at an ideal time as the injury was such that I still can't run a week later and shoes are painful to wear - which would have made training somewhat awkward. Nobody at the academy got really injured the whole time I was there, the most serious was some idiot that was debating the strength of a plank and decided to test it against his arm - which was in a sling for a week afterwards (the plank didn't break). Most injuries here seem to occur from sports in-between training rather than training itself nevertheless it's always worth getting insurance as apparently hospital bills here are astronomical China Pictures.

1 comment:

  1. In the desert of life the wise travel by caravan, while the fool prefers to travel alone. Cheap Flights to Goa

    ReplyDelete